Actions to Implement the
International Maronite Congress
20-23 June 2002, Los Angeles, California
- Implement a worldwide registration project to
ensure life vital events, i.e., births, marriages, are recorded in Lebanon:
worldwide church based network
Create a support
group in Lebanon to ensure flow of registrations
- Develop programs to assist our youth in
developing a lifetime commitment to our Maronite heritage and to Lebanon.
- Support the bonding between all Maronites of the world by developing an electronic
means of communication for the Patriarch to communicate with the Maronites of the world, and for his people to
communicate with him,
- Facilitate the development of an “Cornet Shahwan” model in each nation to coordinate political activity
and education efforts on behalf of Lebanon and its Christians
- Create a means to allow grass roots impact on
policy makers, legislate leaders and the media in support of the issues of
the Lebanese Christians.
- Implement a media education program to ensure
clear understanding of Christian issues in Lebanon
- Forge alliances between Maronites
and mainstream Christian movements in all nations where Maronites reside, educating them and securing their
partnership in work on behalf of the Christians of Lebanon
- Develop a council to facilitate the development
of support for all charities serving Lebanon
business council to support the efforts of the private sector, including the
goal of lobbying on behalf of the private sector in order to achieve its goal
for sector growth and job creation in key industry clusters and to assist in
the export of Lebanese products.
- Create a public investment fund for funding
businesses in Lebanon by means of way of loans, grants, etc., ideally
attracting resources of the countries ex patriots.
- Assist in the development of the biotech
industry. Development of the
biotech industry will create a challenging avenue for those in the
biological and chemical sciences.
The biotech industry has been a rapidly growing industry and for
the most part unaffected by the present economic downturn. Lebanon is in a particularly good position with its
hospital infrastructure and a large number of educated doctors. In addition, there is
a significant number of students graduating in the sciences.